Radon is a radioactive gas that occurs naturally in soil. It can move from the ground up into the air and into your property. Since it’s radioactive, it can be a threat to your health, causing genetic mutations and cell damage. This ultimately results in higher rates of illness, including cancer. In fact, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer, claiming over 20,000 lives a year.
Furthermore it is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas, which means it cannot be detected by human senses alone. That’s where Rocky Mountain Catastrophe can help. We are trained and experienced in both testing for and removing radon in buildings.
Radon can accumulate in any building – homes, offices, schools, large or small, new or old, with or without a basement. It can seep through cracks in the floors and walls, leak through gaps around pipes, or accumulate in wall cavities or suspended floors. Fortunately, though, testing is quick and easy, and we know exactly how to test. We also know how to reduce the threat of radon and remove any unhealthy accumulations in your property.
To schedule a test in Grand County, call Rocky Mountain Catastrophe at (970) 722-7744.