Did you know mold in homes can actually hurt people’s health?
Here are 7 signs mold might be impacting your health:
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation and/or rash
- Lung infections
- Throat irritation
- Respiratory illness
If you and your family are generally healthy people…but recently you’ve been noticing that a few of you are suffering from a few of the systems listed above, mold could be impacting your health. Contact a professional mold remediation team such as Rocky Mountain Catastrophe and Restoration for a home inspection to determine if mold is the culprit.
The specialists will inspect your home for mold, review current or potential problem areas, and identify ways you can reduce future risk of mold. Should mold be found in your home, a mold mediation plan will be developed to get your home back in shape and reduce the risk of your family’s health being impacted.
Mold impacts different people differently. Some people have no reaction to mold, while others can have serious reactions that require medical attention. Either way, mold is not something you want to mess with, especially in your home. Certain strains of mold can cause major, irreversible, health problems to humans and animals alike.
Here are some ways to protect your home from mold:
- Reduce humidity – humidity in your house should be no higher than 50%. A dehumidifier or air conditioner can be used to help regulate humidity.
- Increase ventilation in your home to improve airflow. Using exhaust systems, fans, etc. Areas you should pay special attention to include, showers, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens.
- Fix leaks in roofs, windows, pipes, etc. Anywhere moisture can get into your home, mold will follow. Take steps to reduce leaks and you will protect your home.
- Should your home flood it is important you contact a professional to dry out your home. The professional will assist you in determining the severity of damage, properly dry and clean your property, and drastically reduce the risk of mold.