Our professional staff is trained in sewage removal and cleanup. When a toilet or pipe backs up and raw sewage spills into your home or working space, you have not only a stinky mess, but also a potential health hazard. Considered “black water,” sewage can be toxic, containing blood-borne illnesses such as Hepatitis A and B as well as parasites, bacteria, and e-coli. Do not try to clean it up yourself as strict precautions need to be taken when cleaning up sewage. It is important to act immediately if you need sewage cleanup and removal, and fortunately we can help correct sewage damage and perform sewage water removal – safely, quickly, and permanently.
At Rocky Mountain Catastrophe, our sewage cleanup services includes:
- extracting the sewage water
- drying out the floors, walls, cabinets, and everything else that has been damaged or needs to be cleaned up
- cleaning the carpets and carpet pads
- removing the odor (we don’t mask it, we remove it and are certified through the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification in odor removal.)
Common causes of sewage backup in Grand County include:
- clogged toilets
- clogged drains
- clogged pipes inside the building
- cracked or broken main sewer line (caused by aging, root damage, or soil movement)
- faulty septic system
- structural defects in the sewer piping system
- severe flooding that overwhelms the water and sanitation district system
For more information on sewage removal, please call (970) 722-7744 or e-mail [email protected]. In case of a sewage emergency, please call (970) 531-7308.